Monday, April 18, 2011

photographer project -







For my final project, I chose the photographers Jeanne-Claude and Christo. (and if you've ever seen the Verizon commercial about coverage, where the buildings all get covered with orange fabric, that's them.) I chose to do this project because so many people are completely focused on themselves and their lives that they miss the obvious things around them. If you shift your focus from yourself to those and the world around you, you'll gain so much more from life. To present this project in the art show, I'm going to print the picture of just Kelsey, then print the picture of the sheet on an overhead, and attach it so you can move it to reveal Kelsey.

While shooting, I set up a tripod and shot a picture of Kelsey without the sheet over her. Then, I covered her and shot another one. I put the two pictures together and I changed the opacity of the layer with the sheet to reveal Kelsey under it. I adjusted contrast and tritoned these pictures because I found that the colors really distracted from the theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment