Monday, April 9, 2012

Power of place!




This, Is Walden pond. Where Henry David Thoreau built a cabin away from civilization to live off the land. I shot my power of place here because the man who lived here and what he believed is essential to my beliefs and philosophy, that of a simplistic nature. The first two pictures are abundant in texture, the first because it is a macro rock, the second because it is a film image. All these images have extraordinary contrast between light and dark, foreground and background. This helps represent the contrast between Thoreau’s philosophy and the rest of the world.

2 comments:

  1. ps this project is mixed mediums!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this concept! The texture of the rock really stood out, and I liked the contrast of the black silouette of the trees and the light blue sky.
    P.S. Mr peterselli would love this lol

    ReplyDelete