Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Critiques

Pip (Depression Story)- Well I think the idea of a depression story was good. But I felt that you could have done so much more with it than you did. I liked the black and white aspect of it because generally I would associate colors with happiness, so what if you made the pictures where she was smiling a bit lighter and brighter and perhaps in color. Also I feel like the black and white should have been a bit more consistant, some pictures were just really contrasted while others were extremely dark and I couldn't see really anything. I think you could have also had a bit more of a story format, I could see the happiness part then BAM, she's upset but where's the part where it shows what happened to make her depressed? Well anyhow I really liked the picture where it was close up to the upper part of her face and the one where she was on the swing.

Haley (Small Adventures)- I loved your traveling object! I thought it was creative and would make a good subject. I liked the way you used different angles and had him doing different things (like sitting by a fire, crossing the street, you know). I personally think that more of the pictures should have been in black and white, I feel like it looked smoother when it was desaturated and everything looked softer.

Sean (Close Up)- I really liked the way you edited the pictures, the high contrast gave it a really good look with the black and white. I also like the way they all are edited similar so they go great together. The only thing I would really say that should be a little better is the focusing, I feel like a couple of them could be sharper.

Ian (Traveling Object)- Ian!!! Well I really like the fact that your monkey really was traveling and was everywhere and no two pictures were really in the same place. I think that you could use some creativity (that I know you have) to edit your pictures in a really cool way. So I would just say to work on some editing and the final product would look excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment