Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Jessica Stroner Choice



For my choice I decided to do a color selection kind of thing. I went around and took pictures of all the yellow things I could find. It's my favorite color. Also, people should know that--although the weather was crummy--we could still find some sunshine :D


I used the Magic wand selection tool to select the object that was yellow. Then I inverted the selection and made everything else black and white by lowering the saturation.  Sometimes I had to switch to the polygon lasso selection tool because the magic wand was being difficult. I cropped a lot of these so they would be more pleasing to the eye.

8 comments:

  1. I like how you used color emphasis for this series and the contrast between the background and the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the COLOR EMPHASIS and yellow is my favorite color =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one - the way you cropped it or the angle you shot it at made it look really cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first one is my favorite. I like the TEXTURE and detail of the chipping paint on the fire hydrant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the emphasis you put on the yellow objects, the contrast between them and the black and white really makes it stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yellows you found are really nice, these turned out well. I think, if you wanted to play around with these a little, they have the potential to look really cool if you heavily increased the contrast in the black&white part. Or even if you added a light sepia tone to the black and white, I think that'd blend with the yellow really nicely. Just something to think about! :) Nice job with these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello yellow! these are nice jessica, very neatly color emphasized :) i like that you used the word "crummy"

    ReplyDelete
  8. all comments have been credited to 3-22 :)

    ReplyDelete