Friday, March 23, 2012

Jlo Studio 3 Non-Traditional



I chose to use a viewfinder as my nontradtional display because this hold a lot of childhood memories and ecperiences for me. I would play with these all the time I had every different disney reel you could find and I had a case for all my reels and my actual viewfinder itself. I wanted to mix the new digital with the old film to show the benefits of film. With the film, the images were much sharper apposed to the new digital transparencies. The digital transparencies are a lot more fuzzy and more pixelated. I thought of the digital pictures as being fragments of different childhood memories I've had. All of my pictures are of places or things you can still identify with yet they're still very obscure and abstract. I also like that it is for individual eyes. You cannot have more then one person at a time looking through this. Everyone's experience is different and I like that you wont be able to tell other people's reactions like you would if you were viewing a normal picture.


Pleasee comment and tell me if this idea makes sense. Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

  1. This is really cool! The idea does make sense. I really wanna see how the pictures look in that thing (idk what its called)

    ReplyDelete