Monday, January 23, 2012

Social Commentary Kara L.

3 Things I learned
2 Things Inspired by
1 Idea researched/shot

I learned that some of the earliest users in photography used it to show social downfalls like poverty.
They used these pictures to promote change in the book "How the Other Half Lives".
Lewis Hine's photos tried to change child labor.

One way I am inspired is a song called "We Used to Wait" by Arcade Fire. In the song it says "We used to write letters, you used to say my name", and the entire song is about how people used to have to wait for a response, when now we all have instant gratification with technology.
Another way I am inspired is by SOPA. Seeing that almost the entire interent could be taken down, and peoples reactions to that. People were so mad thinking that the computer could be completely changed, which shows what people value.

I shot the idea that technology is getting inbetween relationships and creating people to communicate less face to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment