Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Kayla Bass Abstract Bokeh Studio 1




































I really enjoyed shooting abstract bokeh. It was fun to be creative with the vibrant colors. In all of my photos I increased the contrast at least a little to add more emphasis to the colors. To shoot bokeh, I used my AV setting to select the lowest aperature value I had. That way, I shot short depth of field to create the effect of a focused forground and an out-of-focus background to make the lights colorful spheres. On one of the candle photos, I wanted to play around with the background lights so I used the smudge tool and distorted the shape.






5 comments:

  1. I don't know which one of you is "Kaylaaaa" but these are such clever bokeh. So does Mackenzie but she's not on blogger at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a great job! My favorite is the 2nd candle one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very impressive on how you were able to control your bokeh effect. Great job Kayla! I would just adjust the color so they go together better-(top2 & 3rd to last).

    ReplyDelete