Monday, February 13, 2012

Social Commentary

For Social Commentary, I did technologys (phones) effects on relationships. In the beginning they are looking at each other and smiling to show that they are interested in each other and not other things. But as time goes on they become less and less engaged in their own conversation, and more on their phones. Also in these I edited them to look somewhat older and newer as time goes on. In order to do this I used a lot of brightness and contrast changing. I also made a black and white layer and then lowered the opacity to make a mix of both color and black and white. In the earliest one I made a solid color adjustment layer of yellow orange, and then lowered the opacity. I also changed almost all of the photos to film grain except for the cord phone and the ending photo on the cell phones which is supposed to be present day. Also sorry the picture is so small.

2 comments:

  1. Kara, good idea & progression, but difficult to see. Please upload a better quality pic for more accurate grading. Photo terms underlined???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey coche. I really liked it!I like how some are black and white and faded. Makes it look old which goes with your theme of present day communication! <3333 <3333

    ReplyDelete