Monday, February 13, 2012

Paige Pickerl Studio 1, Social Commentary














I decided to do my Social Commentary on Depression awareness. This is something that is very important to me because many family members of mine have been affected by this disease. I want people to know that depression is not simply sadness, it is more the loss of motivation or drive. It is just emptiness. I tried to portray that through the contrast between my father being black and white and the outside world being full of color. I also tried to portray the chair as the depression and what is holding him there. I used a low saturation and a high contrast.






2 comments:

  1. Paige...what to say. The 1st pic does portray a feeling of emptiness. The man in the the chair does not look depressed or unmotivated. More angry than sad. Pix do not portray concept as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorites are the 2nd one and the last one. I think they depict depression the best & I love the angles.

    ReplyDelete